From Graham Tinsley, Castle Hotel
6 oz. Butter
12 oz. Fresh Brown Breadcrumbs
3 lb. 4 oz. Golden Syrup
Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
Zest and Juice of 1 Orange
2 tsp. Ground Ginger
5 oz. Double Cream
Pinch of Salt
1. Line 2 pastry rings with sweet pastry and bake blind.
2. Put the butter into a pan and heat until it goes golden brown. Strain through a sieve to get rid of any solids.
3. Put the golden syrup, ginger, bread crumbs, juice and zest into a pan and bring to boil.
4. Take off the heat and add cream and beaten eggs.
5. Add melted butter.
6. Pour the mixture into the pastry case and cook for 20 – 25 minutes at 350°F until golden brown.
7. When cooled, cut into 12 pieces.
For other Welsh recipes from Graham Tinsley see:
& & &
From “Castles by the Sea“