From Jason Huguet, Chef/Owner of Steamboat Warehouse Restaurant in Washington, LA
1 c. light corn syrup
1⁄2 c. granulated white sugar
1⁄2 c. light brown sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1⁄4 tsp. lemon juice
1/8 tsp. salt
11⁄4 cups pecan halves
1 9” deep pie crust, unbaked
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine first eight ingredients until fully incorporated.
3. Mix in the pecan halves.
4. Pour the combined ingredients into an unbaked pie crust.
5. Bake for 50-55 minutes in 350 degree oven until the pie is set. don’t worry, the pecan halves will float to the surface.
6. Remove from oven and allow the pie to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate overnight.
7. Slice the pie into eight pieces.
8. Heat in a microwave for 20-30 seconds. Serve with a scoop of Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream.