From Mama Redell of Vermillionville
1⁄4 c. cooking oil
2 lb. bag frozen okra
1/3 c. vinegar
1 1⁄2 c. stewed tomatoes with green chilies
2 medium onions, chopped
2 lbs. shrimp, seasoned to taste with salt, black pepper and cayenne
1 1⁄2 quarts water
1. Heat oil in pot 1 minute or 90 seconds.
2. Add okra and sauté to brown stage, until reduces to about one-half.*
3. Add tomatoes, onions, and continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add water and shrimp and simmer on medium fire until shrimp are cooked.
* When okra creates a sticky substance, add 1/3 c. vinegar and stir to eliminate stickyness.