From Chef Holly Goetting, Charley G’s Seafood Grill in Lafayette, LA
1 4-5 lb. duckling
2 onions chopped medium
4 chopped rib celery
2 chopped bell peppers
2 tbsp. garlic
2 c. dark roux
2 tbsp. season salt
1 T. Tabasco
1 lb. andouille
1 tsp. white pepper
1⁄4 c. chopped green onions
1⁄4 c. chopped parsley
1. Smoke duck, debone, save bones for stock, may be done night before
2. Cover bones with water in a 2-gallon stockpot and simmer for two hours. Strain bones and reserve stock.
3. Bring stock to a boil; add roux. Whisk until roux dissolves, about 15 minutes and let simmer.
4. Add onions, celery, bell peppers, season salt, white pepper and Tabasco. Let simmer for one hour until vegetables are almost wilted.
5. While simmering cut duck meat and andouille into cubes and set aside.
6. Adjust seasoning if needed, add duck meat, andouille, green onions, parsley and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Serve with steamed white rice.